Saturday 1 July 2017

Daughter turning 21

So my oldest daughter has just turned 21.  The fact that she has towered over me since the age of 14/15 is irrelevant.
But 21 makes me feel old. 
In my head i am still young but how can i deny it now, the years do not lie!!

Another birthday, another milestone achieved.  
Very slowly things begin to change.  
The learning to drive and gaining independence.  
The earning there own wages and not needing to ask for handouts to get by.

This is growing up and inevitably results in moving out and them getting married and hopefully having kids of there own.
These are things I know will happen as they are getting older.  But looking at them upside down on their beds watching YouTube or playing the PlayStation or making pizza in the kitchen I have a funny feeling that I have a few more years to go..

My favourite thing is being a mum.  
They drive me crazy make me laugh and yes sometimes they make me cry, but the thought of them not being here makes my heart ache.

No comments:

Post a Comment